June 30, 2009

It’s a Girl!!!

Our little girl is here! Roxanne and I are so happy to announce the birth of our daughter, who arrived a little early last night but safe and sound and very healthy. Mom and baby are together and doing great. I am having a lot of spontaneous tears of joy as I sit here thinking of how lucky we are to have a tiny miracle in our home—and thinking of all the wonderful times ahead. Owen is eager to meet his baby sister...he's grabbing my hand and pulling me to the door. I'll post some more photos later today. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers and support! It's a girl!

11 thoughts on “It’s a Girl!!!

1. [First!] Congratulations!

If the sibling rivalry on her dad’s side of the family is anything to go by, the trip reports should get a lot more interesting in the years ahead! (“Crampons, ice axes, camp stove fuel and matches, and two angry kids. What could possibly go wrong???”)

2. jeff steele says:

Congratulations Andy!

Wonderful news! My wife and I will pray for you and your family. Many joys ahead!

4. Gary K says:

Rad. Bet you’ll be proud of both of them when they drop Solstice for the first time with the old man.

Thanks guys! We’re doing great over here. I drove to the hospital this morning after catching a few hours sleep at home, and the whole world just looked like a more beautiful place today.

Gary, given that big brother is 2 1/2 and already has two seasons of skiing under his belt, I’m guessing that day won’t be too far away. Though dad is hoping the kids will be a little more moderate in their terrain choices… :)

6. Randy says:

Congrats Andy!

7. Bill says:

Congratulations to you and your wife.
    Alice is beautiful.

One more reason to be extra careful in your adventures.

Awesome, man!!! What a beautiful family you have. Does this change your Middle Palisade plans?

9. Scott says:

Congrats!

10. Gary M says:

Congratulations to your family :)

11. Peggy W. says:

Oh congratulations, Andy! She’s beautiful!! I know your mom is aboslutely over the moon to finally have a little girl in the family. Z’bogem